Season Opus Concert Dates
January 12 and 14
April 20 and 22
July 20 and 22
- Appassionata Recital Series
Young Artist Concerto Competition Application
- Student must provide his/her own accompanist at audition and must perform with accompaniment.
- If a student is selected to perform, the student must be available for any of the three concert cycles to which the student is assigned. Concert cycle dates are listed below.
- Students must play one movement of a concerto, a complete solo work or sing two arias with accompaniment in the competition. In the competition, the student may be limited to 10 minutes – cuts may be taken in the accompaniment.
- In cases where additional costs are incurred for music rentals, the student may be responsible for some or all of those costs.
- Concerti must be performed for memory. Woodwinds, brass and percussion are exempt from this rule, but memorization is still encouraged.
- The judge’s decisions are final.
- Since forms will be submitted electronically, the Competition Committee trusts that all students have confirmed with their private teacher that they are ready to enter the competition.
- Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
January 10, 11, 12, 14 — April 18, 19, 20, 22 — July 18, 19, 20, 22
Note: first two dates in each group are 7-10 p.m. rehearsals at the Scherr Forum Theatre, Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. Third date in each group is a Friday 7:30 p.m. performance at the Camarillo United Methodist
Church, and the final date in each group is a 2:30 performance at the Scherr Forum Theatre, Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. There will also be a late afternoon or evening run through with the conductor the Monday of performance week prior to start of rehearsals or the previous week.
Registration Deadline Nov 4 2017.
Appassionata Program General information and Description
September 2017 – June 2018
This is an educational program that serves the needs of young musicians. It provides Student Recitals and Master Classes and is the entry port for becoming a Soloist with the Thousand Oaks Philharmonic. Any student wishing to audition to solo with the Thousand Oaks Philharmonic MUST be a member of the Appassionata Program.
Appassionata Students, parents, or teachers must live in the Ventura County or nearby areas
Edward Francis Scholarship Fund Scholarships, EFFS
Have been deducted from the original fee amounts.
Categories and Fees for Appassionata Program Membership
- Pianists – $200 ($100 scholarship)
- String players – $150 ($100 scholarship)
- Wind players, Brass players, Vocalists – $50 ($50 scholarship)
Piano – 2 or more MC with 5 or 6 players
Each String Master Classes – 1 or more with 5 or 6 players
Each Master Classes can run 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on the number of students. All Appassionata students, parents and friends can audit any Master Class for free.
Accompanists will be given a fee per recital from the TO Phil organization.
Two or more Recitals
All Appassionata students may perform on as many recitals as they request. First come, first served, if there are too many requests on a particular date. Recitals will be held at Retirement Communities or other appropriate venues.Recitals will be set up as needed. Dates and venues will be sent out to members in advance.The TO Phil will cover the accompanist fee at a recital.
Concerto Audition Date
Saturday, December 2, 2017 Hillcrest Center for the Arts, 403 W. Hillcrest DriveThousand Oaks CA 91360
Deadline 11:59 pm Saturday, November 4, 2017.
Fee for a chosen Concerto Soloist: $650 ($50 scholarship)
Each Concerto Soloist gets 10 vouchers per concert when they perform. They also get 2 vouchers for all the other concerts. It is requested that they hand in the names for the vouchers by the Sunday before the Friday concert.Give names to Ornela Ervin.
Concert ticket prices
Thousand Oaks TOCAP – reserved seats: $30 Adults, $10 Students, $10 Active Military
Camarillo CUMC – open seating, $20 Adults, $10 Students, $10 Active Military
Sign up for Appassionata membership
Please fill in registration form and pay online: HERE.
Buy Opus concert tickets on the website – tophil.org – and pay online. Buy tickets at TOCAP box office. Or at the CUMC door.
For further Appassionata information, contact Ornela Ervin at firstname.lastname@example.org